Accessible and Inclusive Casting workshop
Alongside bespoke consultancy services, Access All Areas offers a wide-ranging programme of training in learning disabilities and autism for arts and cultural organisations.
All sessions are co-facilitated by an accredited trainer with learning disabilities and/or autism. All sessions include role play, scenario-based working and resource packs.
We also offer ongoing out-of-house services to organisations, creating Visual Guides, Easy Read documents and designing and delivering best practice Relaxed Performances.
Q & A
Aims of this workshop
To develop best practice understanding of working with learning disabled and autistic actors.
Who is it for?
Casting Directors and Agencies; Producers, Programmers and Artistic Directors.
Key points covered in the day
- Introduction to learning disabilities and autism
- How to create an accessible audition process to include easy read applications and visual stories of the audition day
- Language and the social model of disability
- Effective communication and creative steering
- Representation of learning disabled and autistic people in the media
- 2010 Equality Act and Reasonable adjustments
- Working with creative support workers
- Interactive approaches to working with scripts
What participants will gain skills, knowledge and confidence in
- Their awareness of autism and learning disabilities
- Creating a welcoming environment for learning disabled and autistic actors during the audition process
- Making the application process accessible
- Adapting and creatively working with scripts
- What creative support workers are and how best to work with them
- Using accessible communication
Book your place
Or to find out more please get in touch.
Phone 0207 613 6445
Workshops are available as full day, half day or flexible packages.