Cian is an Associate Artist of Access All Areas. In 2020 and 2022 he performed in unReal City at Battersea Arts Centre in collaboration with dreamthinkspeak. In 2018 he played an enormous baby in MADHOUSE re:exit at Shoreditch Town Hall and The Lowry, and in 2014 he performed in Eye Queue Hear.
Cian worked with Access All Areas to produce The Misfit Analysis which toured around the country, including at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival and in Mexico with the British Council. It was winner of the VAULT Festival People’s Choice Award.
His TV credits include The Level and Grace for ITV, and Doctors for the BBC.
Cian continues to write and perform his own poetry and is passionate about raising awareness for people with Autism and learning disabilities; He has also consulted for The National Theatre on the play The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time.
He is currently working with Access All Areas on the Transforming Leadership professional development programme, as a Digital Influencer.
Cian graduated from Access All Areas’ 2014 Performance Making Diploma at the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama.Profile
- Personal details
- Height: 6ft 1"
- Eyes: Green
- Hair: Dark Brown
- Eyes: Green
- 2021,Grace, ITV, 2016, Tate, Pre-Production, The Level, ITV 2015, Himself, My Curious Documentary- part of Imagine Series, BBC, Aired: November 2015
- Theatre Productions
- 2016, Himself, The Misfit Analysis, CanCanCan Festival at Birmingham Hippodrome. 2016, Himself, The Misfit Analysis, The Vault Festival- Winner of The People's Choice Award 2015, MADHOUSE re-exit, Dir: Nick Llewellyn, Jess Mabel-Jones, Barbican Open Lab Project. 2015, Himself, The Misfit Analysis, Dir: Nick Llewellyn, Lyric Hammersmith, Rich Mix and Pleasance Theatre at Edinburgh Fringe. 2014, Himself, Eye Queue Hear, Dir: Nick Llewellyn, Access All Areas at Rich Mix and on tour 2011, Mr Douglas, 1984, Dir: Nathan Curry, Lyric Hammersmith
- Additional Information
- 2012- Present, Acting Consultant on Autism, The Curious Incident of The Dog in The Night time, Marianne Elliott 2012, Acting workshop, Caledonian Road, Babel, David Baker. 2007- 2012, Lyric Hammersmith, Acting and writing workshops, Simon Stevens
- Performance Poetry
- 2014- 2018, Once a month at The Caramel, Wood Green 2014, The Sekforde Arms 2011-2014, The Clark and Well Pub 2007- 2013, Lyric Hammersmith 2007, Royal Festival Hall Opening Ceremony
- 2016, People’s Choice Award for The Misfit Analysis at The Vault Festival 2015, Welcome Trust People’s Award for The Misfit Analysis at Edinburgh Fringe
- Workshop facilitator
- January 2016, Autism and Comedy Conference, University of Kent February 2016, RCSSD, Performance Making Diploma for Adults with Learning Disabilities February 2016 Stormont House School, The Misfit Analysis Workshops with Ciara Brennan March 2016, Vault Festival, Re-Present Me Workshop for young adults with learning disabilities March 2016, ITATI Festival, Birmingham, Workshop series with Nick Llewellyn
- Public Speaking (including at The Houses of Parliament and on tour), Autism Awareness Trainer.