Autism and Learning Disability Awareness workshop
Alongside bespoke consultancy services, Access All Areas offers a wide-ranging programme of training in learning disabilities and autism for arts and cultural organisations.
All sessions are co-facilitated by an accredited trainer with learning disabilities and / or autism. All sessions include role play, scenario-based working and resource packs.
We also offer ongoing out-of-house services to organisations, creating Visual Guides, Easy Read documents and designing and delivering best practice Relaxed Performances.
Q & A
Aims of this workshop
To give an overview of learning disabilities and autism and an introduction to effective communication with learning disabled and autistic people.
Who is it for?
This workshop is for and beneficial to all employees, in any profession.
Key points covered in the day
- What is learning disability and autism
- Language and the social model of disability
- Barriers learning disabled and autistic people
- Introduction to effective communication
- Introduction to creating friendly environments for learning disabled and autistic people
What participants will gain skills, knowledge and confidence in
- Communicating more confidently with people with learning disabilities and autism
- Creating more welcoming accessible environments both in person and online
Book your place
Or to find out more please get in touch.
Phone 0207 613 6445
Workshops are available as full day, half day or flexible packages.