Inclusive Facilitation workshop
Alongside bespoke consultancy services, Access All Areas offers a wide-ranging programme of training in learning disabilities and autism for arts and cultural organisations.
All sessions are co-facilitated by an accredited trainer with learning disabilities and / or autism. All sessions include role play, scenario-based working and resource packs.
We also offer ongoing out-of-house services to organisations, creating Visual Guides, Easy Read documents and designing and delivering best practice Relaxed Performances.
Q & A
Aims of this workshop
To develop skills in making workshops accessible for learning disabled and autistic people, and how to lead inclusive/ ‘mixed ability’ workshops.
Who is it for?
Facilitators, participation teams, educators and access workers.
Key points covered in the day
- An introduction to learning disabilities and autism
- Communication skills to better support learning disabled and autistic participants
- Creating accessible spaces
- Theatre workshop games, exercises, tools and skills
- Ways in to devising performances
- Building accessible workshop structures
- Leading with access in mind
What participants will gain skills, knowledge and confidence in
- How to facilitate a workshop with participants who have a broad range of access needs
- Skills in how to create and develop schemes of work over for example a 10 week period
- How to empower workshop participants to gain confidence in responding creatively to tasks and activities or in developing performance material
Book your place
Or to find out more please get in touch.
Phone 0207 613 6445
Workshops are available as full day, half day or flexible packages.