About the production
Charlene has done something terrible.
Lots of people saw her, and they’re not happy.
Using new mobile app technology, Access All Areas will take you on a GPS-guided walk through the streets to discover what happened to Charlene.
What would you do if you thought you saw a crime? Would you get involved? Would you tell the police? Would you walk away? What if your phone could tell you exactly how to handle it?
Commissioned by The Lowry and touring nationally through local streets, this new interactive audio production lets you question the causes of criminality, the ableism of language, and the feeling of being judged as a learning disabled person.
Bring your smartphone, and your wits, and get a taste of how it feels to be Charlene on the streets.
About the experience
- The Interrogation takes place through an app, and by walking around outdoors.
- You will need your smartphone and headphones.
- The experience is self-led. There are no stewards. You’ll need to follow a simple map and directions.
- The route is 2km, is wheelchair accessible and includes places to sit if needed.
- The app can also be used without following the full route if preferred.
About the app
- You’ll get an email with a personal download link for the app before you attend.
- You should download the app before you attend.
- We strongly advise using your own smartphone and headphones. There will be some spare devices for people who don’t have them.
- There is no live performance – everything is in the app.
- Captions and audio description are available on the app.
- You are responsible for your own wellbeing during the experience.
Use the hashtag #AAATheInterrogation on social media to let people know what you thought of The Interrogation.